Thursday, October 31, 2013

The most useless week of my trip


This is Teresa's roommate explaining the difference she sees between British English and American English. She mimics what both sound like to her and it's HILARIOUS. 

Murcia is full of fountains and pretty things. 
What's this guy doing? He was just standing there, looking down, with his cowboy hat on... 





Gofres are cheap and are thus abundant both inside and outside my body.


I'm usually a really healthy eater so all this sugar is starting to give me love handles. I promise, I'll stop when I leave Spain! I'm sorry, body! Or maybe I could just not stop and try to become the first documented case of mega-diabetes? 

Halloween isn't as popular here as it is in the states, unless you count Halloween parties for college students. So to make up for it, we watched Hocus Pocus (Retorno de las brujas in Spanish) and instead of candy (which you can't just buy in bags here like you can in the states) I bought a bunch of doughnuts and pastries for us. 


The. We went out with some of Teresa's friends and I got to hear people speaking Spanish with German, Romanian, and French accents. German accents are hilarious. 

20cl bottles of beer are only €0,50 so you just get a lot of them for everyone and count them up at the end and pay. Mine was easy because I only did three (I got to make fun of myself for being quite tipsy after only half a liter of beer). 

Gyros here are more commonly in the form of kebabs, which are either a meat stick or wrapped in a tortilla and they're better than anything you'll have in Kirksville. And cheap! 


Unfortunately my time has ended in Murcia, and now I'm on my way to Sevilla. At this point I have a feeling my adventures will pick back up enough to be marginally interesting, so I'll put a lot more effort into the next post. I'm staying one night in Sevilla before moving on to Las Canarias and still waiting for a reply from my potential host in Fuerteventura and another in Tenerife. Maybe I'll end up camping in one of the caves on the island. Who knows?! You know what time it is? 

ADVENTURE TIME 


No comments:

Post a Comment